How to Change Excel Password with these Simple Steps?
Nowadays, it’s very important to protect your sensitive data against any kind of unknown or hacking activity. Excel documents are used to store different sort of data and it can be protected by setting a password. Users can make an Excel document password protected that can only open after entering the password.
Well, there are many situations take place when users also forget their Excel password. But this article is help to how to change excel password.
Forgot Excel Password Change Tips
Have you forgotten your Excel password? It means you will not able to open that particular document until you would not enter the correct password. If you want recover forgot password on Excel, then you can go through the below instructions that can help to recover your password.
Steps to Change an Excel Password:
If you want to change Excel password, then you can go through the below instructions:
- First of all, open the Excel on your computer and then click on Office icon which is available at the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Click on Prepare and then choose Encrypt Document option.
- Now enter the password into the Password box and then click on the OK tab.
- Now re-enter the same password to confirm and then click on the OK.
- After that, click on save option to complete the process.
Steps to Change a Forgotten Excel Password:
If you have forgotten password on Excel, then you would need to remove it in order to recover. For this, follow the below steps:
- First of all, backup your Excel sheet and then right-click on that Excel sheet that password you wish to remove and then click on Rename option.
- Now rename the extension of your Excel sheet from .xlsx to .zip.
- Now open the ZIP file into any software and then find the XL and Worksheet folder.
- After that, change the value of the protection sheet and then again rename the Excel sheet form .zip to .xlsx.
With these easy steps, you can simply change Excel password and if you are still not able to change your forgotten Excel sheet password, then contact the technical support team for getting the result oriented solutions to fix the multiple issues related to Excel.
Read a Related Blog:-