Excel Not Responding
Microsoft Excel is majorly utilized by various organisations for saving financial data. Be its calculation of profit/loss to finding averages, to registering and graphing data, Excel is used for a broad array of operations.
How to Fix Excel not Working Properly on Mac/ Windows 10?
It is even utilised for forecasting, and consequently, for taking important business decisions that can make a huge impact on the business. The problem occurs when excel not working properly as it should be.
What to do When Excel not Responding or Has Stopped Working?
Here, we will discuss troubleshooting steps that can help an individual to resolve issues when you get an “Excel not responding properly” error, or Excel hangs or freezes when you open Excel, open a file or save a file. Given below are the few methods that will help you to resolve the problem.
1. Update it: You require setting Windows Update to automatically download and install suggested updates. Installing any significant, suggested, and non-compulsory updates can often address issues by substituting out-of-date files and addressing susceptibilities.
2. Ensure no other use: Make sure that Excel is not in another use, this detail will be showcased in the horizontal status bar at the bottom of the screen. If you try to carry out other actions while Excel is in use, Excel may not respond.
3. Eliminate unwanted add-ins: While add-ins can improve your experience, they can sometimes inhibit or skirmish with Excel. Try operating Excel without add-ins to see if the problem vanishes away. Here’s how:
Do any one of the following:
If you are operating Windows XP, click Start, and then click Run.
If you are running Windows Vista or Windows 7, press Start.
1. Type Excel /safe, and then click OK.
2. If the issue is eliminated, on the File menu, click Options, and then click Add-Ins.
3. Choose COM Add-ins, and then click Go.
4. Click to eradicate all the checkboxes (Disable the Add-ins) in the list, and then click OK.
5. Restart Excel.
If the issue does not happen, begin permitting the add-ins one at a time until the issue happens. Doing this will let you diagnose which add-in is giving birth to the problem. Make sure and restart Excel every time you enable an Add-in.
You can divide this add-ins in two types:
Step1:- Add-ins saved as.xla,.xlam, or.xll files: These add-ins are loaded in the user interface of Excel.
Step 2: COM add-ins: Such add-ins has to be installed and they contain DLLs and Registry keys.
However, if the Excel not responding on MAC/windows, then makes sure that you are using the latest version of Excel. Do not forget to install the newest updates. Also, ensure that you have an antivirus installed in your system that works efficiently. Sometimes malicious elements inhibit the functioning of system properly.
Read a Microsoft Office Related Blog :-