HOW TO CONFIGURE OUTLOOK WITH GMAIL ACCOUNT?admin / No Comments
HOW TO CONFIGURE OUTLOOK WITH GMAIL ACCOUNT?
Configuring your Gmail account is very easy with the auto configure method of Microsoft Outlook. First, you need to sign up for a Gmail account and then set it up to allow you to download mail as POP or to map folders and emails using IMAP.
HOW DO YOU CONFIGURE OUTLOOK WITH GMAIL ACCOUNT?
Here are the steps to configure MS Outlook for Gmail:-
STEP 1:- SETTING UP A GMAIL ACCOUNT TO CONNECT WITH MICROSOFT OUTLOOK.
- Log into your Gmail Account. (Make sure you enter all the credentials correct.).
- Click on the Settings(Which has gear icon).
- Click on Forwarding and POP/IMAP on the links given above your Inbox.
- Under POP Download, click to select Enable POP for all mail that arrives from now on.
- Select Archive Gmail’s Copy in the drop down box next to When Messages Are Accessed With POP.
- Click on Save Changes. The above method sets up your Gmail account.
The above method sets up your Gmail account to let MS Outlook download messages through the POP3 protocol. In case you wish to map the folders and access your Gmail messages through IMAP, proceed with same steps as above but instead of selecting Enable POP, go to the IMAP Access and select Enable IMAP. Auto Configure MS Outlook.
Step 2:- Make Microsoft Outlook to auto-configure your account for you.
- From the File menu which is the Office button in Office 2007, select Add New Account Enter your email ID and password in the dialog box that appears.
- Click on Next
- Microsoft Outlook will take a few minutes to search for Gmail settings and will configure the account for you.
- If you wish to configure Microsoft Outlook manually for Gmail, here are the settings you will need to use. Settings To Configure MS Outlook Manually For Gmail.
- From the File menu, select Add Account.
- In the dialog box that appears, select Manually configure server settings or additional server types.
- Click Next.
- Select Internet Email and again click Next.
- In the dialog box that appears, enter your name, email address and password in the related fields.
- Under Account Type, select POP if you want to create a POP3 account. For IMAP, select IMAP.
- For the Incoming server, enter pop.gmail.com, orimap.gmail.com depending upon the type of account you are creating.
- For outgoing server, enter smtp.gmail.com.
- Click on More Settings.
- Under the Outgoing Server tab, click to select My Outgoing Server (SMTP) requires Authentication Click to select Use Same Settings As My Incoming Server.
- Go to the Advanced Tab.
- Enter 995 in Incoming Server Port if you are creating a POP3 account. If you are creating IMAP, enter 993.
- 14. Click to select This Server Requires an Encrypted Connection. For IMAP account, set the type of encryption to SSL.
- In the Outgoing Server Port, enter the value 587. Set the type of encryption to TLS.
- Click OK to close the dialog box.
- Click Test Account Settings to test the account settings.
- You should see a message saying your account settings are correct.
Hence, by following the above steps exactly as given you can easily configure your Gmail account with outlook.