How to Fix Microsoft Not Working on Mac Issues?
Microsoft program is not working on Mac? Is it the very first time you have come across such an issue? If your answer is ‘yes’ for both situations then, you are in the right place.
How Do You Fix Microsoft Not Working Properly?
In the below post, we will explain what to do when Microsoft not working.
What are the Symptoms?
“What are the symptoms of the error?” Well, when you start the Microsoft program on the Mac you will receive the message stating “Microsoft <application_name> cannot be opened because of a problem”. It indicates that there a problem occurring while running the Microsoft on your Mac.
What Causes It?
The kind of error occurs when the office program is duplicated or moved from one place to another.
How to Resolve Microsoft Not Working on Mac/Windows 10 Issues?
Step 1: Check the Program Path:
The very first thing you need to do after receiving the error message is to check the comments that appear right below the “problem details and system configuration”. This will lead you toward the path. The path must be as below:
- Macintosh HD\Applications\Microsoft Office 2008
- Macintosh HD\Applications\Microsoft Office 2011
Step 2: Delete All Duplicate Entries:
- Follow these steps to delete the duplicate entries: –
- Go to the Finder menu and select and click on the file.
- Click on the search box, type the Microsoft program and enter. For instance: type Word.
- If you find more than one-word icon then delete the duplicate icons and empty the trash.
- Restart the program and if the problem still occurs
Step 3: Remove And Then Reinstall the Microsoft Office:
In the previous blog, we have mentioned steps to remove install and update the Microsoft office. However, if still, your Microsoft not working on Mac then you can contact the experts. They will surely help you to resolve the issue.
Read a Related Blog: – HOW TO RESET YOUR MICROSOFT ACCOUNT PASSWORD?