How Do You Fix Outlook Search Not Working Mac Issues?
Facing Outlook problems may be quite frustrating especially when you don’t know how to get rid of them? Not only you receive nothing as a search result but it also affects your day-to-day business activities.
It is true that an unresponsive tool is no use but have you yet tried to find the cause behind the issues you are currently facing? NO? If your outlook search not working then, it may be because of the any of the following reasons:
- Window indexing is not working properly.
- Outlook Data files are not properly indexed.
- Large size outlook files are halting the functioning of the Outlook.
- Corruption is occurring in the Outlook files.
Now when you have found what has caused the problem, it is time to resolve the issue.
Sometimes you forget where you have saved or placed your file or folder and type the related keyword. In result, the search box displays the matching results. These results display because the window indexing system creates the index of files on your computer system. Since your Outlook search is inadequate you have to “rebuild index” to make the search work.
How to Fix Outlook Search Not Working Properly?
There are basically two ways to fix the outlook search issue; both are the quick enough to save time and money.
First Method: Optimize the Programs and Features :-
* Click on the Window 10 search bar and type “control” and find the best matches to open the control panel. Now, go to the “program” and find the “programs and features”. Scroll down to select the Microsoft office (your version).
* Once done, go to the top menu and select change. As shown in the below image, you can now choose from the quick or online repair options to fix the issue. Choose quick repair to take fast action.
Second Method:Use the Outlook Index Repair Menu Option :-
* Apart from the above, there is another method to rebuild the index to resolve “outlook search not working Mac” issue. You can use the Outlook index repair menu but you should know where to find it.
* Open the Outlook on Mac then, select the File > Options > Search. Now, find the indexing option as you can see in the below image.
* Finally, select the rebuilt option and click OK. This might take some moment to complete. Once done, restart your PC.
Double Check the Indexing Status
There is a simple way to check the Outlook indexing fix. All you have to do is go to the search bar then, select the search tab from the menu. After this select Search tools > Indexing status to find out how many items are awaiting index if there is none then, congratulation! The problem is resolved. Moreover, if you need any further guidance for “Outlook search not working” problem then you can contact the experts at outlooktechnicalhelpline.
Read a Related Blog :- How to reset outlook password on iphone?