How Do You Fix Outlook Search Not Working Mac Issues?
Facing Outlook problems may be quite frustrating especially when you don’t know how to get rid of them? Not only you receive nothing as a search result but it also affects your day-to-day business activities.
It is true that an unresponsive tool is no use but have you yet tried to find the cause behind the issues you are currently facing? NO? If your outlook search not working then, it may be because of the any of the following reasons:
- Window indexing is not working properly.
- Outlook Data files are not properly indexed.
- Large size outlook files are halting the functioning of the Outlook.
- Corruption is occurring in the Outlook files.
Now when you have found what has caused the problem, it is time to resolve the issue.
Sometimes you forget where you have saved or placed your file or folder and type the related keyword. In result, the search box displays the matching results. These results display because the window indexing system creates the index of files on your computer system. Since your Outlook search is inadequate you have to “rebuild index” to make the search work.
How to Fix Outlook Search Not Working Properly?
Steps Outlook Search Not Working Mac/windows
There are basically two ways to fix the outlook for mac search issues; both are the quick enough to save time and money.
First Method: Optimize the Programs and Features :-
* Click on the Window 10 search bar and type “control” and find the best matches to open the control panel. Now, go to the “program” and find the “programs and features”. Scroll down to select the Microsoft office (your version).
* Once done, go to the top menu and select change. As shown in the below image, you can now choose from the quick or online repair options to fix the issue. Choose quick repair to take fast action.
Second Method:Use the Outlook Index Repair Menu Option :-
* Apart from the above, there is another method to rebuild the index to resolve “Outlook Search Not Working MAC” issue. You can use the Outlook index repair menu but you should know where to find it.
* Open the Outlook on Mac then, select the File > Options > Search. Now, find the indexing option as you can see in the below image.
* Finally, select the rebuilt option and click OK. This might take some moment to complete. Once done, restart your PC.
Double Check the Indexing Status
There is a simple way to check the Outlook indexing fix. All you have to do is go to the search bar then, select the search tab from the menu. After this select Search tools > Indexing status to find out how many items are awaiting index if there is none then, congratulation! The problem is resolved “outlook for mac not searching”. Moreover, if you need any further guidance for “outlook 2016 mac search not working” problem then you can contact the experts at outlooktechnicalhelpline.
How Do I Fix Outlook Search not Working on Windows 10?
There is no exaggeration in saying that Microsoft Outlook is the most important email application in the world. It offers a robust and quick mechanism to its users to execute its email application. But the most problematic situation any user can face in this regard is Outlook search is not working on Windows 10. Many users across the globe face this peculiar situation across the globe. It is important to fix this problem as soon as possible. Otherwise it may aggravate other problems side by side. So, let’s have a look on what can be the solution of the problem if Outlook search does not work on Windows 10.
Steps to Solve the Problem of Outlook Search Not Working on Windows 10:
- The very first solution of this problem is to check for your internet connection. Sometimes these problems are due to unstable internet connection.
- You can also try to update your office programs. For this you can click on the option of update Outlook programs. So, it is an important point fix of this problem.
- Sometimes the reason of this troubling problem is that Outlook mail is not indexed properly. So, take reliable steps to ensure the indexing of Outlook email.
- Your old window profile can be a cause of trouble in this regard. So, try to make new window profile.
Last but not the least you can also initiate a quick fix of this problem related to Outlook 365 search not working on Windows 10.
How to Fix Outlook Search Not Working 2016/2010/2013/2007?
Outlook is one of the top-rated email clients provide a wide range of mailing features that can help to send and receive emails in a very effective and secure way. But sometimes users confront lots of technical glitches when using it and Outlook search not working is one among those. This error occurred just after updating your Outlook or many other reasons.
You can follow the below steps, if you wish to fix Outlook search not responding issues:
- You can choose another email address via drop down menu. This will act as your recovery email address. Make sure that your internet connection is properly active because bad internet connectivity may also occur this problem.
- You can choose another email address via drop down menu. This will act as your recovery email address. Start your Outlook in Safe Mode and then check whether it is working or not.
- You can choose another email address via drop down menu. This will act as your recovery email address. Check the Outlook Indexing settings and if needed, then rebuild the Index.
- You can choose another email address via drop down menu. This will act as your recovery email address. Update the Outlook to the latest version and then try to open it.
With these above stated instructions, Outlook not working 2010/2016/2013/2007 issue can be fixed in a very simple and easy manner.
Read a Related Blog :- How to reset outlook password on iphone?