How to Remove/Delete an Excel Spreadsheet Password?
Keep protecting your document is one of the most important and necessary things that include lots of secure and confidential data this occurs when you forgot Excel spreadsheet password then you can delete or remove all the data. If you are using Microsoft Excel on a daily basis for multiple official purposes, then you must make your Excel sheet password protected to get protection against any sort of hacking or unknown access. But sometimes lots of circumstances come when you need to open an important Excel file and suddenly you forget the password of that particular file. And then you would not able to open your password protected Excel sheet.
How to Remove/Delete Excel Password 2017/2016/2013/2010/2007/2003?
If you are looking for a way to remove Excel password on your preferred file, then there is no way to do that. But you can easily remove password protection from your worksheets to open the file.
How to Remove a Password from Excel?
Have you forgotten your Excel sheet password? And don’t know how to recover it to open it again? Then you have to know about the steps and know how to remove password from Excel in a very simple manner with the help of below steps:
- First of all, backup your spreadsheets which will help to protect against any kind of data lose and then save this file to your computer.
- Now look for the backup file and then right-click on it.
- Click on Rename and then rename your file from .xlsx to .zip.
- Now you open the ZIP file into any file compression software and then a list of coding will be opened.
- Find the xl folder and then you will see a list of worksheets inside the worksheet folder.
- Now search for the line <sheetProtectionalogrithmName=”SHA-512” hashValue=”
- Now choose the entire line and delete between the < and > and then save the modified xml file.
- After that, open the file and then rename your .zip file back to .xlsx and then you can easily access your file without any password.
In this way, you can smoothly remove Excel password protection that will make your Excel sheet un-password protected. If you are not capable of understanding the above-mentioned steps, then contact the customer support team for a supreme assistance.
Read a Related Blog: – How to Recover Password from Excel 2017/2016/2013/2010/2007?